Setup overdue notice involves 3 steps:
- Setup weekly email notice
- Follow up with parents whose email addresses no longer exist
- Follow up with parents who don't have email address in Destiny system
Setup weekly email notice:
The video instruction below demonstrates the necessary steps in setting up the weekly notification by email. The steps are suggestion, please adjust accordingly to your building requirements and need.
NOTE: It is important to include your contact information within the body of the message so parents can communicate directly with you.
Follow up with parents whose email addresses got returned:
There is a likely chance that some email addresses won't be in service. As we run across these, we will troubleshoot cases by case. So it is important that you include your contact information in the body of the message so we can trace the original message.
Follow up with parents who don't have email address in Destiny system:
Once the notification sent out to parents, please check the result of the scheduled task. For parents who don't supply the email address, we contact through postal mail.
To check the result of the scheduled task:
- Login as library administrator for your school
- Go to Back Office
- Select Job Manager
- Select View next to the latest Overdue Notice task
- Check for skipped record as illustrated
- Click Skipped/Failed Notices. This will display a report that you can print out and send to the remaining parents