Collaborative Meeting Minutes Coaching Guideline
- Help Collaborative Teams understand the importance of a highly functional collaborative team
- Support Collaborative Teams in creating a highly functional collaborative team
- Be a learner of highly functional collaborative teams
- Use the tools in this file to help assist you in supporting the development of your collaborative teams.
As you enter into conversation about collaborative teams, please be sure to consider the following:
- If there are questions about collaborative team minutes, then there is a likelihood staff is not understanding what a collaborative team is and it would be worth spending time with that team.
- Remind staff collaborative teaming is one thing that is “tight” in Canby School district.
- Remind staff about your role, which is to assist them in developing their collaborative team to be highly functional and effective.
- You are not directing or evaluating their work.
- You are learning too and may not have all the answers as they develop their collaborative team
- You are willing to collect questions or gather information, so you can find out the answer and get back to them.
The Following are Resources for you as you and your Instructional Leadership Team to use to support your collaborative teams. Teams also have access to these resources on the website.
- The Team Collaboration Worksheet can be used to provide you and your Instructional Leadership Team with a sense of what collaborative teams do when they are highly functional and effective. This is a great learning tool and one to be thoughtful with how it is used. Cautionary Note- It has a lot of information that might better be used in small chunks over time.
- Align these characteristics with the suggested timeline for professional development throughout the year and teach in small chunks. You might take 5 minutes at the start of a staff meeting and brainstorm “Looks like/Sounds like”for…(example-a team has identified course content and/or topics that can be eliminated to devote more time to essential curriculum or power standards).
- Use as a self assessment as suggested in the timeline of benchmarks provided.
- The What Is A “Professional Learning Community”article gets at the why this would be “tight” in Canby School District. I would only use this with specific grade level teams who are struggling.
- If you use with your whole staff you might use the 3 Big Ideas, which are listed as sub-topics in the article have your staff brainstorm what they think are key concepts for those 3 Big Ideas, have them read the article, then add/delete/change the staff list together.
- If using with individual teams or teachers it will be important to find a venue for them to process the article. This might be an area where a cabinet member or instructional leadership team member might be able to do
- The Beginning a Team is from National Staff Development Council (NSDC) and is quick reading, as well as including activities you can do with staff and or individual teams depending on where they are. It includes an activity for creating norms. I would highly recommend checking these “Tools for Schools”when sent out. The activities are self explanatory, but I’ve listed them below for ease of planning.
- Activity Suggestions-
- Processing article “Transform your group into a Team”
- Developing Norms
- “Which stage is your team in?”questionnaire
- The Cultural Shift in Professional Learning Communities pdf is a great one pager that charts out the new course of thinking for teaching and learning in the areas of purpose, assessments, and when students don’t learn.
/groups/collaboration/search/index.rss?tag=hotlist/groups/collaboration/search/?tag=hotWhat’s HotHotListHot!?tag=hot24/groups/collaboration/sidebar/HotListcallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:30:34+00:002012-09-11 23:30:34updated12Added tag - student achievementcallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:30:32+00:002012-09-11 23:30:32addTag11Added tag - starcallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:30:27+00:002012-09-11 23:30:27addTag10Added tag - culturecallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:30:24+00:002012-09-11 23:30:24addTag9Added tag - septembercallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:30:21+00:002012-09-11 23:30:21addTag8Added tag - keynotecallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:30:18+00:002012-09-11 23:30:18addTag7Added tag - presocallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:30:16+00:002012-09-11 23:30:16addTag6Added tag - check upcallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:30:13+00:002012-09-11 23:30:13addTag5Added tag - hotcallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:30:09+00:002012-09-11 23:30:09addTag4callahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:29:23+00:002012-09-11 23:29:23updated3callahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:22:12+00:002012-09-11 23:22:12updated2First createdcallahamMaureen Callahan2012-09-11 23:16:57+00:002012-09-11 23:16:57created1weblog2012-09-11T23:30:34+00:00groups/collaboration/weblog/f200bFalseCollaborative Team Check Up/groups/collaboration/weblog/f200b/Collaborative_Team_Check_Up.htmlMaureen Callahan12 updatesCollaborative Team Check Up
Below is a link for a presentation about collaborative teaming in Canby School District. The presentation is set up for teams to reflect and discuss ...Falsecallaham2012-09-11T23:30:34+00:00callahamMaureen Callahan2011-12-09 05:19:02+00:002011-12-09 05:19:02updated9callahamMaureen Callahan2011-12-09 04:54:36+00:002011-12-09 04:54:36updated8Removed tag - iltcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-12-09 04:31:37+00:002011-12-09 04:31:37removeTag7Added tag - instructioncallahamMaureen Callahan2011-12-09 04:31:32+00:002011-12-09 04:31:32addTag6Added tag - iltcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-12-09 04:31:28+00:002011-12-09 04:31:28addTag5Added tag - secondarycallahamMaureen Callahan2011-12-09 04:31:26+00:002011-12-09 04:31:26addTag4Added tag - elementarycallahamMaureen Callahan2011-12-09 04:31:24+00:002011-12-09 04:31:24addTag3Added tag - hotcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-12-09 04:31:19+00:002011-12-09 04:31:19addTag2First createdcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-12-09 04:27:19+00:002011-12-09 04:27:19created1weblog2011-12-09T05:19:02+00:00groups/collaboration/weblog/71c8dFalse"Going Deeper" with instruction/groups/collaboration/weblog/71c8d/Going_Deeper_with_instruction.htmlMaureen Callahan9 updates"Going Deeper" with instruction
Last week our elementary and secondary Instructional Leadership Teams continue to think more deeply about their "teaching moves" that elicit student ...Falsecallaham2011-12-09T05:19:02+00:00callahamMaureen Callahan2011-10-01 00:26:58+00:002011-10-01 00:26:58updated6callahamMaureen Callahan2011-10-01 00:26:00+00:002011-10-01 00:26:00updated5callahamMaureen Callahan2011-10-01 00:25:37+00:002011-10-01 00:25:37updated4Added tag - best practicescallahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-30 23:55:48+00:002011-09-30 23:55:48addTag3Added tag - hotcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-30 23:55:42+00:002011-09-30 23:55:42addTag2First createdcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-30 23:55:36+00:002011-09-30 23:55:36created1weblog2011-10-01T00:26:58+00:00groups/collaboration/weblog/d7510FalseContinuing the Development of Best Practices/groups/collaboration/weblog/d7510/Continuing_the_Development_of_Best_Practices.htmlMaureen Callahan6 updatesContinuing the Development of Best Practices
This week our schools' Instructional Leadership Teams, made up of teachers and principals, continued to capitalize on those instructional strategies ...Falsecallaham2011-10-01T00:26:58+00:00callahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-22 23:47:47+00:002011-09-22 23:47:47updated7Added tag - instructional practicescallahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-22 23:47:47+00:002011-09-22 23:47:47addTag6Added tag - smart goalscallahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-22 23:47:12+00:002011-09-22 23:47:12addTag5Added tag - team agreementscallahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-22 23:47:09+00:002011-09-22 23:47:09addTag4Added tag - effective elementscallahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-22 23:47:04+00:002011-09-22 23:47:04addTag3Added tag - hotcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-22 23:22:03+00:002011-09-22 23:22:03addTag2First createdcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-09-22 23:13:53+00:002011-09-22 23:13:53created1weblog2011-09-22T23:47:47+00:00groups/collaboration/weblog/3d743FalseCollaborative Teams in 2011-2012/groups/collaboration/weblog/3d743/Collaborative_Teams_in_20112012.htmlMaureen Callahan7 updatesCollaborative Teams in 2011-2012
Collaborative teams hit the ground running this week. Some teams came to the table with base line information from students to help in structuring yo...Falsecallaham2011-09-22T23:47:47+00:00callahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 05:30:01+00:002011-02-11 05:30:01updated11callahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 05:29:04+00:002011-02-11 05:29:04updated10Added tag - item analysiscallahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 05:29:01+00:002011-02-11 05:29:01addTag9Added tag - post testcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 05:28:54+00:002011-02-11 05:28:54addTag8Added tag - pre testcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 05:28:52+00:002011-02-11 05:28:52addTag7Added tag - formative assessmentcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 05:28:41+00:002011-02-11 05:28:41addTag6Added tag - student datacallahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 05:28:38+00:002011-02-11 05:28:38addTag5callahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 05:28:29+00:002011-02-11 05:28:29updated4callahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 05:22:21+00:002011-02-11 05:22:21updated3Added tag - hotcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 04:59:48+00:002011-02-11 04:59:48addTag2First createdcallahamMaureen Callahan2011-02-11 04:59:37+00:002011-02-11 04:59:37created1weblog2011-02-11T05:30:01+00:00groups/collaboration/weblog/155f4FalseTracking Student Growth Through Formative Assessments/groups/collaboration/weblog/155f4/Tracking_Student_Growth_Through_Formative_Assessments.htmlMaureen Callahan11 updatesTracking Student Growth Through Formative Assessments
Teams and Individuals are tracking student data to determine if they are on track.
Pre and post-test item analysis is an effective way to see ...Falsecallaham2011-02-11T05:30:01+00:00hot/groups/collaboration/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomelist/groups/collaboration/search/?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomeRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdates?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcome0/groups/collaboration/sidebar/RecentChangesListmodifiedDateallRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdateswiki/welcomeNo recent changes.reverse5search